Looking for the Carp

Seize the carp! Or the day! Or the moment! Anything that will help make this life of yours richer, filled with love, and acceptance of yourself. This is my little journey to always be on the look out for that carp, grabbing it, and never letting go. This is the only life we have and it's too short for what ifs and maybe laters!

Wednesday 28 January 2015

23rd Carp- LifeBook Month One

Hello Lovely Ladies and Gents,

Well this month is coming to a close. Lots of endings are happening right now. The end of my maternity leave and my return to work. The end of solo time with my little boy and the beginning of his journey learning about the world beyond 'ma ma'. Finally, the end of my very first month with Lifebook.

If you are new to the art world, artist Tamara Laporte has created a year long class called Life Book which brings you new challenges and inspiration every week from artists all over the world. Monday's are her post day and it makes the beginning of the week that much sweeter. I look forward to it with great anticipation as little parts of me are just waiting to be uncovered and displayed on a piece of ordinary 9x14 water colour paper.

In 4 short weeks I have learned so much in terms of technique, meditation, being guided through my own fears and accepting my accomplishments without my inner critic shouting that 'it's not good enough'. My art is good enough. The parts of me that I create for the world to see are beautiful. I am an artist because the need to create has tattooed itself onto my soul and is a part of my very being. Opening myself to the positive nature of creating, the positivity and support offered through the Life Book group on Facebook and carving time out of busy lives to cultivate this part of me has been incredible.

With that in mind, I want to share with you some of the finished lessons that I have made thus far on my Lifebook Journey.

Week 1- Beacon of Light. This whimsical lady is to light our path for the year and radiate positivity.


Week 1- Warm up and intentions for the year. 
Week 2- Jar of Awesome. A place to put wonderful things that I accomplish or that come my way throughout 2015. My blessings. 
Week 3- Letter Love. Creating our own font and loving our unique style of writing. 
Week 4- Courage Dear Heart - ballerina on a high wire 
Week 5- Dream Catcher with mantras/ affirmations on the feathers. 

Week 5- Feather with affirmations for the year. Added baubles/ symbols as guides for the year.

I hope that you are inspired to create yourself. If you need a little push, the Lifebook Class is under way but you can enrol at any time (up until September). All the class videos are downloadable and yours to keep forever. So if you miss a week, just download the class and do it whenever you want. Or just pick and choose the projects you want to do. I'm hoping to keep this momentum going as I start teaching again. Even if it means late nights painting in the dark. If it makes the soul happy, you just got to keep it up! 

What's your carp? 




No comments:

Post a Comment