Looking for the Carp

Seize the carp! Or the day! Or the moment! Anything that will help make this life of yours richer, filled with love, and acceptance of yourself. This is my little journey to always be on the look out for that carp, grabbing it, and never letting go. This is the only life we have and it's too short for what ifs and maybe laters!

Thursday 19 March 2015

Learning, Painting, Teaching, Mothering and Keeping the Balance

In the month of February, I took a bit of a hiatus on painting as I was finding it difficult to strike a balance between work responsibilities, home life, and having the time (and energy) to put paint to paper. Although art has been my outlet for awhile now, I was too exhausted at the end of the day and couldn't muster the energy to get lost in that world. Or, I knew that my time would be better spent planning, marking and creating lessons for the following day.

Happily, with daylight increasing every day and spring approaching, even if there is still over four feet of snow out there, my energy levels seemed to be increasing as well. I have been getting that buzz from wanting to make beautiful things and learn new techniques that I lost during that bleak winter month. So far, in March I have been able to catch up on past classes from my art course and complete the most recent week's assignments as well.

Here are the fruits of my labour in no particular order. Enjoy :)

PS- I am trying to participate in an art retreat which is going to take place this October in Paris. Since I have to take a week off without pay to be able to go, I will be selling prints and originals of these pieces and whatever else I create between now and then to help off set the loss of pay. Please check back often to keep up to date on my progress in my artistic journey and details to this one time only sale and auction. Thank you!

The Magic Beneath the Water lilies 

My jar of favourites 

The layers of my Heart 

My Art Guide and Protector 

Inner and Outer World 

No comments:

Post a Comment